We encourage and invite artists to join the Art Rental Programme that generates revenues and valuable exposure for individual artists by renting their artwork to our large and diverse clientele. Rental fees are based on the selling price of the artwork and rental royalties are paid to artists semi-annually (less a 30% programme administration fee). The sale of artwork from the rental collection is also subject to a 30% administration fee (less any monthly rental credits, if applicable).
Selection of artwork for the Art Rental Programme is by adjudication. This jury process takes place annually in the Fall. Upon selection of their artwork, artists must become members of the North Vancouver Community Arts Council to participate in the Art Rental Programme.
The North Vancouver Community Arts Council will hold two jury days for new art rental work in 2017. To participate you MUST register for one of the jury days: Sunday, November 26, 2017 or Sunday, December 3, 2017. Register online using the form below or by phone 604 988 6844.
Deadline to register: Monday, November 20, 2017
Submission guidelines and requirements are as follows:
- Please bring your registration information and up to 3 artworks to CityScape Community Art Space, 335 Lonsdale Avenue, North Vancouver on your selected date.Artwork is to be dropped off between 9:00am-11:00am. (Latecomers will not be accepted. Registrants only, sorrry NO drop-ins.)
- Artists must return (no phone calls) between 4:00pm-5:00pm for jury results and to pick up artwork not selected. Accepted artwork will remain with the Arts Council.
- A jury fee of $15.00 per artist is required.
- Upon acceptance, artists must become members in good standing with the NVCAC. Prior membership does not influence the jury’s selections.
- Accepted artwork is contracted to the Art Rental Collection for a minimum of one year.
- Works must be no larger than 48” x 48” and no smaller than 8” x 10”.
- All works must be properly finished with frames and hanging wire. Paintings may have painted edges.(Please use proper materials for the hanging wire and eyelets, or use d-rings; and attach to the frame so the piece does not lean forward off the wall. A Professional Development workshop on framing is available on Nov 4 with Diane Zylka.)
- Diptych or triptychs are not eligible.
- Artworks are frequently transported so we do not accept pieces with relief or fragile surfaces.
- Decisions of the jury are final
The new Art Rental Collection will be available for rent and sale to our clients as soon as it has been photographed and the catalogue data has been entered into our online art rental database.