The North Vancouver Community Arts Council & CityScape Community Art Space are very excited to announce the 14th Annual Anonymous Art Show. This group exhibition and fundraising event will include emerging and established two-dimensional artists working strictly on unframed 8” x 8” x 1½” back stapled canvas or wood cradle panel.
Artists are encouraged to participate in this worthwhile event as it is a significant fundraiser for the many valuable community programmes, projects and events of the Arts Council. The artists are required to sign only the back of the canvas as the paintings are displayed anonymously. Each piece is priced at $100. Sales are divided 50/50 between the artist and the NVCAC. Purchased paintings are immediately taken off the wall and given to the purchaser. In its place a sold tag will reveal the artist’s name.
The opening reception and sale is Thursday, November 22 from 7 – 9:30pm and the sale continues until Saturday, December 15, giving the community an opportunity to purchase original art in time for Christmas.
All are welcome to submit, you do not have to be a resident of North Vancouver or a member of the Arts Council to participate. Due to its popularity, the show is now gently juried; however, we will strive to include as many artists as possible. Artists can submit up to three pieces of artwork. Follow us on Twitter at twitter.com/northvanarts to see which artists have sold work throughout the show.
All Artwork MUST meet the following requirements:
- We only accept unframed, 8” x 8” x 1 ½”, back stapled canvas or wood cradle panel
- A limit of 3 submissions per artist
- Two dimensional works only – No relief work – No three dimensional work
- New submissions only. Previous years’ AAS works will not be accepted
- Full name, signature, title and website (if available) must be written on the back of the canvas (Canvases signed on the front or sides will not be accepted.)
- All works must have a title and may not be called “Untitled”.
- Paintings must be submitted completely dry and unwired.
- Mark an “up” arrow on the back of canvas to indicate top
- Diptychs and triptychs are acceptable but will not be shown together
How to Submit?
Pick up a copy or download the fillable pdf of the Artist Contract/Information Sheet to be submitted with your artwork. All artwork must be received at CityScape Community Art Space by the deadline.
Deadline for submissions: Saturday, October 27, 2018 at 4:00pm
Please drop off artwork any time prior to the deadline at: CityScape Community Art Space (3 blocks up from the Seabus)
Don’t wait for the deadline – we’d love to see your work as soon as it’s dry.