The Art Rental Programme generates revenue and exposure for individual artists through renting works to our large and diverse clientele. Rental fees are based on the value of the artwork and royalties are paid to artists semi-annually (less a 30% administration fee). Clients may also purchase artwork from the collection. The art rental programme provides clients the unique opportunity to “try out” artwork in their homes and offices that they may later purchase.
The North Vancouver Community Arts Council will hold two jury days for new art rental work. To participate you MUST register for one of the jury days (below) or by phone 604-988-6844 and pay the $15 jury fee in advance. Spaces are limited so register as soon as possible.
Jury Dates: Sunday, October 28, 2018 or Sunday, November 18, 2018
1. Register for a jury date and pay the $15 fee.
2. Once we receive your payment and selected jury date we will email you registration information within a few days.
3. Come to your selected jury date with your original artwork and completed registration information.
SUBMISSION GUIDELINES & REQUIREMENTS:
- Advance online registration is required for one of the jury dates
- A jury fee of $15.00 is required
- Bring completed registration form and up to 3 artworks to CityScape Community Art Space, 335 Lonsdale Avenue, North Vancouver on your selected date.
- Artwork is to be dropped off between 9:00am -11:00am. (Latecomers will not be accepted. Registrants only, sorry NO drop-ins.)
- Artists must return (no phone calls) between 4:00pm – 5:00pm for jury results and to pick up artwork not selected. Accepted artwork will remain with the Arts Council.
- Accepted artwork is contracted to the Art Rental Collection for a minimum of one year.
- Works must be no larger than 48” x 48” (122cm x 122cm) and no smaller than 8” x 10” (20cm x 25cm).
- All works must be properly finished with frames and hanging wire. Paintings may have painted edges. Please use proper materials for the hanging wire and eyelets, or d-rings; and attach to the frame so hardware does not protrude and the piece does not lean forward off the wall.
- Diptych or triptychs are not eligible as a single work.
- Artworks are frequently transported so we do not accept pieces with relief or fragile surfaces that may be prone to damage.
Upon acceptance, artists must become members in good standing with the NVCAC. Prior membership does not influence the jury’s selections.
The new Art Rental Collection will be available for rent and sale to our clients as soon as it has been photographed and the catalogue data has been compiled. Artists may (optionally) provide digital images of their work for our website.