The North Vancouver Community Arts Council is seeking art to be included in a 2018 wall calendar of imagery celebrating the North Shore. Images should be of locations, places or scenes that are recognizably in North Vancouver and/or West Vancouver. See images from the 2017 calendar here.
The calendar will be sold at various locations throughout the North Shore, with proceeds going towards the North Shore Cultural Mapping project. This project, spearheaded by the North Vancouver Community Arts Council, will create an inventory of cultural assets on the North Shore and make the information available to the public through a free online map tool.
Paintings, drawings, or limited edition prints in any media that represent scenes, scenery, people, or locations on the North Shore, including North Vancouver and West Vancouver will be considered. Calendar images will be landscape orientation.
Online submission form follows below. Submissions must include:
- Only mages of paintings, drawings or limited edition prints will be considered for this calendar (photography, digital imagery, graphics etc. will not be considered)
- Individual works submitted as digital images not to exceed 1MB each (up to 5 per artist) (high resolution, print quality image will be required for selected work);
- Images submitted must be available for exhibition in Fall 2017;
- All images labeled with title, size and medium;
- A CV, short biography and brief artist statement that describes your artistic process and/or methodology;
- Name, mailing address, phone number, email address and website (if applicable);
- No jury fees.
Deadline for submission: Sunday, April 16, 2017 at midnight.
Paintings selected for the 2018 wall calendar will be included in an exhibition, location and dates to be determined. Images submitted for the calendar must be available for exhibition during Fall 2017. Original artwork (or limited edition prints) may be sold during the exhibition with the NVCAC retaining a 30% administration fee.
Please do not call to inquire about submission status, we respond to everyone that has submitted once the adjudication panel has made its decision. You do NOT have to be a resident of North Vancouver or a member of the Arts Council to have your work included in this calendar.
For more information, contact: Michelle Richard | executive.assistant[at]nvartscouncil.ca | 604.988.6844