CALL FOR 2D, 3D AND INSTALLATION WORK
The North Vancouver Community Arts Council is currently accepting submissions for our
Art in the Community Programme, 2018.
This exhibition programme takes place at three venues:
District Foyer Gallery in the North Vancouver District Municipal Hall;
District Library Gallery in the Lynn Valley Main Library; and
City Atrium Gallery in North Vancouver City Hall
Through this programme, we invite visual artists working in all media including painting, photography, mixed media, sculpture, ceramics, wood, metal work and installation work.
Successful candidates will be booked for an eight to twelve week (venue dependent) exhibition at one of the three venues. NVCAC staff will determine which venue is best suited for each exhibiting artist.
NVCAC will provide: digital invitations, exhibition installation, manage sales, promote the exhibitions through our website, member newsletters, e-bulletins, press releases and online listings.
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: Saturday, September 9 at 4 pm (2018)
See the submission guidelines for each on the following pages.
Apply Online using the form below
Send proposals to: Stefanie Wysota, Exhibition Coordinator
North Vancouver Community Arts Council
335 Lonsdale Avenue, North Vancouver, BC V7M 2G3
For General Inquiries about Art in the Community Programme:
604.988.6844 / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Artists must be a member of the North Vancouver Community Arts Council at the time of their Exhibition.
- NVCAC staff handles all sales, retains the arrangements and payment and takes a 30% administration fee.
- This call is for all three venues and the qualifying artists will be allocated to a venue by NVCAC staff. Artists will not be booked for more than one show per year in the venues.
All Exhibition Proposals must include the following items:
- An artist’s statement and biography
- List of works including title, medium, size, and price. If the work is not for sale, a value is still necessary
- 15 – 20 images (printed or on disk) of completed artworks that you are proposing and are available for the exhibition. Images must be numbered or titled to match the corresponding list of works. If work is framed please include image of the frame
- Artwork cannot have been displayed on the North Shore within a one year prior to the application.
For a description of the exhibition spaces, click on the button below.