This programme promotes the appreciation of visual arts in our community by making the work of local artists available for display in homes, offices and film and television production sets. Art rental provides individuals and businesses an affordable and flexible way to enjoy a wide range of quality, original 2-dimensional works including paintings, photography and mixed media works.
The North Vancouver Community Arts Council seeks visual artists to participate in the Art Rental Programme.
The Art Rental Programme generates revenue and exposure for individual artists through renting works to our large and diverse clientele. Rental fees are based on the value of the artwork and royalties are paid to artists semi-annually (less a 30% administration fee). Clients may also purchase artwork from the collection. The art rental programme provides clients the unique opportunity to “try out” artwork in their homes and offices that they may later purchase.
The North Vancouver Community Arts Council will hold two jury days for new art rental work. To participate you MUST register for one of the jury days: Sunday, November 26, 2017 or Sunday, December 3, 2017. Register online using the form below or by phone 604 988 6844.
Deadline to register: Monday, November 20, 2017
Submission guidelines and requirements are as follows:
- Please bring your registration information and up to 3 artworks to CityScape Community Art Space, 335 Lonsdale Avenue, North Vancouver on your selected date.Artwork is to be dropped off between 9:00am-11:00am. (Latecomers will not be accepted. Registrants only, sorrry NO drop-ins.)
- Artists must return (no phone calls) between 4:00pm-5:00pm for jury results and to pick up artwork not selected. Accepted artwork will remain with the Arts Council.
- A jury fee of $15.00 per artist is required.
- Upon acceptance, artists must become members in good standing with the NVCAC. Prior membership does not influence the jury’s selections.
- Accepted artwork is contracted to the Art Rental Collection for a minimum of one year.
- Works must be no larger than 48” x 48” and no smaller than 8” x 10”.
- All works must be properly finished with frames and hanging wire. Paintings may have painted edges.(Please use proper materials for the hanging wire and eyelets, or use d-rings; and attach to the frame so the piece does not lean forward off the wall. A Professional Development workshop on framing is available on Nov 4 with Diane Zylka.)
- Diptych or triptychs are not eligible.
- Artworks are frequently transported so we do not accept pieces with relief or fragile surfaces.
- Decisions of the jury are final
The new Art Rental Collection will be available for rent and sale to our clients as soon as it has been photographed and the catalogue data has been entered into our online art rental database.
The Art Rental Collection will be featured in a salon-style exhibition at CityScape Community Art Space. The exhibition takes place January 12-February 3, 2018, with a “Meet the Artists” opening reception on Thursday, January 11, at 7-9pm.
For general inquiries about the Art Rental Programme, please contact: Florene Belmore, Art Rental Programme Coordinator, 604-988-6844 or firstname.lastname@example.org