The North Vancouver Community Arts Council is seeking emerging and professional First Nations, Inuit, and/or Métis Artists for the bi-annual exhibition “Pushing Boundaries 2017.”
This exhibition will showcase contemporary First Nations/Inuit/Métis artwork. Artists are encouraged to “push the boundaries” with contemporary artwork representing indigenous culture. Each individual art piece can have its own theme; past themes have included nature, community, identity, dual heritage and residential schools.
Pushing Boundaries will be held at CityScape Community Art Space, October 06 – November 11 2017, with an opening reception on Thursday October 05, 2017, 7 – 9 pm.
Please submit 2D, 3D, photography, sculptures, installation works and film for a themed exhibition called “Pushing Boundaries.” You can submit online using the form below or in person (see hours & location here).
Submission must include:
- Original works only (submitted artwork must be available for the exhibition)
- Up to 8 works may be submitted in JPEG or PDF format on a disk or USB or as printed photographs. All works must include title, size and medium
- If work is framed, please include frame description and matting details
- A list of work including artists name, title, size, medium and price
- CV, biography and artist statement
- Name, mailing address, phone number, website and email address (if applicable)
- A jury fee of $10 for members and $15 for non-members (you can pay online, in person or over the phone)
Deadline for submission: Saturday, June 17, 2017 at 4pm
Please do not call to inquire about submission status, we respond to everyone that has submitted once the adjudication panel has made its decision. You do NOT have to be a resident of North Vancouver or a member of the Arts Council to submit or exhibit for this exhibition.
Please contact, Stefanie Wysota, Exhibitions Coordinator at 604 988 6844 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions regarding “Pushing Boundaries”.