Call for Artisans/Designers/Creators
North Vancouver Community Arts Council (NVCAC) is seeking a contemporary, functional, aesthetically pleasing new front desk for our gallery, CityScape Community Art Space. The desk, located at the bottom of the entrance ramp, will hold information about our programmes, events, and exhibitions and will be the place where gallery greeters sit to welcome our guests. Please be aware that this desk will be a functioning piece and as such, will be subjected to regular wear and tear.
This a wonderful opportunity to showcase your artistic designs in our gallery space. The desk can be available for sale and 100 % of the sale price will go to the artisan/designer/creator. NVCAC will require a similar new desk before the purchased desk is released to the buyer. The artisan/designer/creator will be acknowledged via a short write-up to be displayed near the desk. NVCAC can provide information about the desk and builder through our website, to our members, volunteers, and e-bulletin subscribers.
Specifications for the front desk:
- Dimensions preferably to stay within 5 feet wide x 3 feet deep x 30 in. tall, although we are willing to look at submissions within a few inches of those parameters
- Must be wheelchair accessible
- Curved edges are desirable, with neutral colour tones (wood grain, white, black)
- A limit of 3 desk options per artist
- Please include dimensions, medium, and images from multiple viewpoints for each submission
- The desk does not need to be made – designs are welcome. NVCAC will not cover cost of building supplies.
- Please provide CV/resume
- Desk must be ready/complete for an install into CityScape Community Art Space November 14-15, 2017, for a minimum of one year with the option to renew at the end of the term
How to Submit:
Please submit your application through our website using the form below. Shortlisted applicants may be contacted to arrange a site visit.
Deadline for submissions is Sunday, October 15, 2017.
For more details contact:
Veronica Stockton-Kushner, Office Administrator
335 Lonsdale Avenue, North Vancouver, BC, V7M 2G3
604-988-6844 | firstname.lastname@example.org
The North Vancouver Community Arts Council, founded in 1969, is a grassroots, social-profit, charitable cultural organization dedicated to maximizing the intrinsic value of the arts in all media. Our mandate is to enable emerging and professional artists in all disciplines, to bridge cultures, and to build strong communities through the arts.
CityScape Community Art Space is a contemporary, interactive gallery that has served the community since 2001. It is dedicated to offering quality programming for the community while giving an opportunity for both emerging and established artists to exhibit and promote their work. Approximately 10, 000 people visit CityScape Community Art Space each year.